Thursday, December 29, 2011

1389.txt

date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:57:55 -0400
from: Judith Lean <jleanatXYZxyz5.nrl.navy.mil>
subject: Re: preprint request please
to: p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk

<x-flowed>
Dear Phil - excellent!! I have it - it was there on your ftp site...
Many thanks!
Judith

On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:40 AM, p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk wrote:

> Judith,
> I'll put this file on my ftp site.
> It may be there from a previous request. The
> pdfs we all got were way over the email size.
> I'll do this tomorrow. Still off at home after Easter.
> Back in tomorrow.
>
> You could try ftping ftp.cru.uea.ac.uk
>
> login as anonymous
> then email as pw
>
> then go to people, then philjones
>
> If it is there it has AGU in its title.
>
> Cheers
> Phil
>
>> Dear Phil,
>>
>> Could I ask you please to send me a reprint of your paper:
>>
>> Jones, P.D., Moberg, A., Osborn, T.J. and Briffa, K.R., 2003: Surface
>> climate responses to explosive volcanic eruptions seen in long
>> European temperature records and mid-to-high latitude tree-ring
>> density around the Northern Hemisphere, In (A. Robock and C.
>> Oppenheimer Eds.) Volcanism and the Earth's Atmosphere. American
>> Geophysical Union, Washington D.C. 239-254.
>>
>> I've been unable to locate a copy on the web - its cited a lot but a
>> pdf isn't available anywhere it seems - I would like to learn more
>> about if there is/isn't winter warming after a volcanic eruption, I
>> had thought - mainly from talking with the guys at GISs who do seem
>> to
>> think that this is the case (e.g., Shindell, GRL, 2004) - that it was
>> more or less agreed that there is, but I mentioned this is a recent
>> preprint and the reviewer was not happy at all - indicating that I
>> should read your paper. We mentioned it in the preprint by way of
>> explantation for evidence of an annual warming response (that is
>> stronger in winter) at mid to high Eurasian latitudes in a recent
>> empirical analysis of the CRU temperature data.
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>> Judith Lean
>> p.s. I saw your latest 2008 Nature paper about the instrument issues
>> in the mid 20th century - we akso found that we couldn't accouht for
>> the extra warming in the WWII period - nor WWI for that matter...
>>
>
>

</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment