Monday, January 16, 2012

1983.txt

cc: k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk
date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:55:46 -0500 (EST)
from: <ralleyatXYZxyzsc.psu.edu>
subject: divergence
to: jtoatXYZxyzrizona.edu

Peck--Thanks. The big issue may be that you don't just have to convince me
now; if the NRC committee comes out as being strongly negative on the
hockey stick owing to RD'A's talk, then the divergence between IPCC and NRC
will be a big deal in the future regardless. The NRC committee is accepting
comments now (I don't know for how long)... As I noted, my observations
of the NRC committee members suggest rather strongly to me that they now
have serious doubts about tree-rings as paleothermometers (and I do,
too...at least until someone shows me why this divergence problem really
doesn't matter). --Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment