Thursday, January 19, 2012

2086.txt

date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:10:45 +0100 (BST)
from: Suraje Dessai <S.DessaiatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Re: gas files
to: Mike Hulme <m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

My last e-mail for the next 2 weeks.

> Suraje,
>
> I have looked at these gas files and I am not 100% convinced by them. You
> could also send me your standard SRES non-intervention A1 case for
> comparison with mine. I also do not have your B1, B2 and A2 sets.

These "oddnesses" you've encountered happen because of the regional
disagregation (into developed and developing countries).

>
> I find it odd that your land use C emissions *increase* because of Kyoto.
>
> And I am surprised at how small the reductions in delta T are. But maybe I
> should look at the A2 files.
>
> Please send me the others.

I don't have them with me at the moment but will send them to you as soon
as I can (2 weeks time).

>
> And please tell me why you gave the IDl code to David Viner?

As he explained it to me and Mark, he wants to merge my code and Mark's.

>
> Mike
>
>
> At 18:10 16/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >Mike,
> >The purple form is in your pigenhole.
> >I attach the MAGICC files you couldn't see (now using a
> >different e-mail programme).
> >Also, I gave Dave Viner a copy of my IDL montecarlo
> >programme. Hope that's Ok with you.
> >I'll get back to you in mid-August.
> >Enjoy your vacations!
> >Suraje
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\New-A1-K1.gas"
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\New-A1-K2.gas"
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\New-A1-K3a.gas"
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\New-A1-K3b.gas"
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\New-A1-K3c.gas"
> >
> *****************************************************************************
> Dr Mike Hulme
> Reader in Climatology tel: +44 1603 593162
> Climatic Research Unit fax: +44 1603 507784
> School of Environmental Science email: m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk
> University of East Anglia web site: http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/~mikeh/
> Norwich NR4 7TJ
> *****************************************************************************
> Annual mean temperature in Central England during 1999
> is about +1.5 deg C above the 1961-90 average
> ***************************************************
> The global-mean surface air temperature anomaly for 1998
> was +0.57 deg C above the 1961-90 average, the warmest year yet recorded
> *****************************************************************************
>

No comments:

Post a Comment