Sunday, March 18, 2012

2651.txt

date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:10:52 -0500
from: Ed Cook <drdendroatXYZxyzo.columbia.edu>
subject: Re: received and where are you
to: Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
Hi Keith,

I got home a bit early from Bhutan, am home now, and will go into
work tomorrow morning for a couple of days. Let's talk at that time.
I admit to getting a bit tired of the sniping and misunderstanding
that seems to be flowing these days about dendro. That is the reason
for my somewhat intemperate remarks today to Rod Savage on the Forum,
who feels wrongly impugned now. He feels that my remarks were
unfairly personal, while his were not by his standards. So, trying to
throw dendro in the rubbish heap of bogus science (as he clearly
described it) is not personal. Yeah, right! I hope that you will
weigh in with at least a comment on his grossly unfair sweeping
condemnation of dendro.

Cheers,

Ed

>Ed
>got your message and will do . I am discussing these issues and
>others with Phil constantly. Even though I am not forwarding my
>opinions on many of them , you are in fact often getting the benefit
>of my thoughts , though somewhat abbreviated and possibly mangled by
>the Jones filter.
>Where are you now and when I can I speak with you on the phone? I am
>off to collect offspring now but will be here tomorrow all day.
>Cheers
>Keith
>
>--
>Professor Keith Briffa,
>Climatic Research Unit
>University of East Anglia
>Norwich, NR4 7TJ, U.K.
>
>Phone: +44-1603-593909
>Fax: +44-1603-507784
>
>http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/people/briffa/


--
==================================
Dr. Edward R. Cook
Doherty Senior Scholar
Tree-Ring Laboratory
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Palisades, New York 10964 USA
Email: drdendroatXYZxyzo.columbia.edu
Phone: 845-365-8618
Fax: 845-365-8152
==================================
</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment