Sunday, March 25, 2012

2853.txt

date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:46:51 +0100
from: "Saffron O'Neill" <s.o-neillatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Fw: Arctic model simulations for A1B to 2050?
to: <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
Good news, hopefully!

Saffron
----- Original Message -----
From: "Xiangdong Zhang" <xdzatXYZxyzc.uaf.edu>
To: "Saffron O'Neill" <s.o-neillatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
Cc: "Xiangdong Zhang" <xdzatXYZxyzc.uaf.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: Arctic model simulations for A1B to 2050?


> Dear Saffron,
>
> Thanks for your email and glad to learn your interesting work. It is
> important to build an effective bridge between climate change study
> and general public/policy-maker.
>
> As you can see from my paper, I did analysis from some time in the 19th
> century to the end of the 21st century. The data to 2050 was naturally
> involved. Recently, an increasing number of people hope to see what sea
> ice cover over the Arctic Ocean would like in the middle of 21st century
> in addition to the total area which I showed in my paper. So, I plotted
> figures showing 2-D distribution of sea ice concentrations around 2050
> and also animations from 1900-2100 under the A1B scenario. I am going to
> put them on a website soon.
>
> If you have any questions or need any help I can do, please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> Xiangdong
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 05:18:24PM +0100, Saffron O'Neill wrote:
>> Dear Xiangdong Zhang
>>
>> I am a PhD researcher supervised by Prof. Mike Hulme and Dr. Tim Osborn
>> at
>> the Tyndall Centre, UEA.
>>
>> My research is centred around finding more salient methods of
>> communicating
>> climate change to the lay-public. My PhD is interdisciplinary, and aims
>> to
>> harness the emotive and visual power of 'icons' with a rigorous
>> scientific
>> analysis of possible changes under SRES A1B to 2050. These parameters
>> have
>> been chosen to represent a middle-range scenario within a timescale that
>> the
>> public can conceptualise. I've attached my PhD abstract should you want
>> to
>> know more.
>>
>> I am interested in the results of your paper 'Towards a seasonally
>> ice-covered Arctic Ocean'. I see here you have used a large number of
>> model
>> simulations to 2100. I was wondering if you had analysed or plotted the
>> results of the models with scenario A1B to 2050? - as one of the icons
>> chosen was the polar bear, and consequently I am searching for sea-ice
>> area
>> models.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Saffron O'Neill
>>
>> Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
>> Zuckerman Institute for Connective Environmental Research
>> School of Environmental Sciences
>> University of East Anglia
>> Norwich, NR4 7TJ
>> United Kingdom
>>
>> T: +44 (0) 1603 593 911
>> F: +44 (0) 1603 593 901
>> E-mail: s.o-neillatXYZxyz.ac.uk
>> Web: http://www.tyndall.ac.uk
>

</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment