Wednesday, April 25, 2012

3514.txt

cc: Mike Mann <mannatXYZxyzginia.edu>
date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:30:08 +0800
from: Scott Rutherford <srutherfordatXYZxyzginia.edu>
subject: age banded reconstruction
to: Tim Osborn <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

Tim,

I put the warm NH age banded reconstruction on ftp. The files have
"mxdabd" in the name. One for nh mean, one for the grid
reconstruction (It will have NaNs at a few gridpoints). The NH
reconstruction results you sent me are land only north of 20�N,
correct?

There appears to be quite a difference between the two
reconstructions, particularly in the 1600s. As well as in the annual
and interannual variability. I'm trying to chase things down on our
end and see if I can find a problem with the run (like I gave the
algorithm the wrong input data), but so far, it all looks ok.

Also, I seem to have lost my copy of "Low-frequency temperature
variations from a northern tree-ring-density network". Can you
provide a reference if it is already out or send me a postscript or
pdf if it hasn't?


Thanks,

Scott
--
______________________________________________
Scott Rutherford

University of Virginia University of Rhode Island
Environmental Sciences Graduate School of Oceanography
Clark Hall South Ferry Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903 Narragansett, RI 02882
srutherfordatXYZxyzginia.edu srutherfordatXYZxyz.uri.edu
phone: (804) 924-4669 (401) 874-6599
fax: (804) 982-2137 (401) 874-6160

No comments:

Post a Comment