Friday, April 27, 2012

3569.txt

cc: <ammann@ucar.edu>,<wmc@bas.ac.uk>,<tcrowley@duke.edu>,<mann@psu.edu>, <rbradley@geo.umass.edu>,<steig@ess.washington.edu>, <gschmidt@giss.nasa.gov>,<rasmus.benestad@physics.org>, <garidel@marine.rutgers.edu>,<d-archer@uchicago.edu>, <rtp1@geosci.uchicago.edu>,<k.briffa@uea.ac.uk>,<t.osborn@uea.ac.uk>, wigleyatXYZxyzr.edu
date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:55:20 +0000
from: Phil Jones <p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Figure 7.1c from the 1990 IPCC Report - ONE OTHER THING
to: rasmus.benestad@met.no,<rahmstorf@ozean-klima.de>

<x-flowed>
Dear All,
I know that Wegman digitized the IPCC 1990 figure in the
US Senate enquiry from 2006. I also need
to chase up the paper where Richard Tol used it. Have any
of you seen other examples?

Cheers
Phil



> Dear All,
Thanks for all your thoughts on this from the weekend. I have
a lot to go through. I also have to check a lot of references and to get
a lot of details and history correct.
At the moment, I think this is an item that shouldn't be on RC
until I have all these details. Apart from the IPCC implications I
alluded to on Friday - I agree these aren't a serious problem if
worded properly - but there are some others which have also
surfaced, that I need to check out.
I'm away part of this week, have a mountain of other things to do,
so I will likely not get this completed until mid-February.

So can we all keep quiet till I have it all nailed down.

Cheers
Phil




Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) 1603 592090
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) 1603 507784
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk
NR4 7TJ
UK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment