Tuesday, May 8, 2012

3952.txt

cc: Eduardo Zorita <Eduardo.ZoritaatXYZxyzs.de>, hegerl@duke.edu, Jan Esper <esperatXYZxyz.ch>, Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>, Myles Allen <m.allen1atXYZxyzsics.ox.ac.uk>, Nanne Weber <weberatXYZxyzi.nl>, t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk
date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:08:09 +0100
from: Martin Juckes <m.n.juckesatXYZxyzac.uk>
subject: A new draft
to: Anders Moberg <anders.mobergatXYZxyzgeo.su.se>

Hello,

a new draft is attached. I've shortened a lot of the discussion and added a
few more results. There is now a table showing the coherence of each of 34
proxy records which extend back to 1000 -- this answers a suggestion by
McIntyre and McKitrick that MBH's N. American PC1 is a statistical outlier --
it isn't.

I think one of the figures in the previous version I sent round had a slight
error in that I was using a composite of proxies: for the Mann et al. proxy
collections this included principal component series with arbitrary sign.
I have now made sure that the sign is determined by the correlation with
temperature.

The draft is still rough in places, but I think it is more readable and
compact now. I'll be away for two weeks: if people can get comments back to
me within the next 3 weeks, I'd like to submit it soon after that.

An obvious next step would be to do a reconstruction using all the 32 long
proxy records, but I haven't done that yet because there are sampling issues
to deal with.

cheers,
Martin


Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\cpd-2006-xxxx.pdf"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\cpd-2006-xxxx.tex"
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1";
name="cpd-2006-xxxx.bbl"
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="cpd-2006-xxxx.bbl"
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by balin.rl.ac.uk id k2VF4xxb029885

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\cpd-2006-xxxx.bbl"

No comments:

Post a Comment