Friday, May 11, 2012

4144.txt

date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:58:43 -0500
from: "Dr. Edward R. Cook" <drdendroatXYZxyzo.columbia.edu>
subject: Re: Crete or not Crete
to: Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

Hi Keith,

Things do not sound very conCRETE. How about southern France, like
Marsaille (sp?).

The latest Barnett et al. BAMS paper, which I have not yet seen, is
apparently raising a ruckus among some paleo people, maybe me too after I
read it. I will reserve judgement until I read it. Since Phil is a
co-author (from what I hear), you might ask him what gives. I used to
respect Barnett, but now can see that he is too biased and prone to poor
scholarship to ever give paleo a fair and honest look. But as I say, I will
reserve further judgement until I read the paper and try to give Barnett a
"fair and honest look".

Cheers,

Ed



No comments:

Post a Comment