Tuesday, May 15, 2012

4248.txt

date: Fri, 4 May 2001 15:09:02 -0400
from: Scott Rutherford <srutherfordatXYZxyzginia.edu>
subject: mxd data
to: Tim Osborn <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk>, Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
Dear Tim and/or Keith,

Tom Crowley asked me for the annual-mean reconstruction we did using
the MXD data and the RegEM method, which I personally don't have a
problem giving him. He also asked me for the MXD data. Here's his
e-mail:

>X-Sender: tomatXYZxyzra.tamu.edu
>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:21:20 -0500
>To: "Michael E. Mann" <mannatXYZxyztiproxy.evsc.virginia.edu>
>From: tom crowley <tomatXYZxyzan.tamu.edu>
>Subject: Re: land surface
>
>Mike,
>
>can you please ask Scott (dont have his email) to send the Briffa time
>series recalibrated for mean annual NH temps? I would prefer to see the
>tree rings used to predict temps up to 1880.....


However, the MXD data aren't mine to give out. Here's a copy of my
e-mail to Tom:


----------------------------
Tom,

Attached is a text file of our reconstructed NH annual mean using the
Briffa/Osborn/Schweingruber agebanded MXD data.

Briffa, K.R., Osborn, T.J., Schweingruber, F.H., Harris, I.C., Jones,
P.D., Shiyatov, S.G., and Vaganov, E.A., 2001, Low-frequency
temperature variations from a northern tree ring density network:
Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, v. 106, p. 2929-2941.

As soon as I hear from Tim Osborn or Keith Briffa regarding the
actual MXD data I will put the data on ftp for you (it's really their
data so I want to run it by them first, just so they know).
--------------------------

I will be glad to send him the data, but I wanted you to know before
I did so. Please let me know if you have any objections.

Regards,

Scott
--
______________________________________________
Scott Rutherford

University of Virginia University of Rhode Island
Environmental Sciences Graduate School of Oceanography
Clark Hall South Ferry Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903 Narragansett, RI 02882
srutherfordatXYZxyzginia.edu srutherfordatXYZxyz.uri.edu
phone: (804) 924-4669 (401) 874-6599
fax: (804) 982-2137 (401) 874-6160
</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment