Saturday, May 19, 2012

4446.txt

cc: schellnhuber
date: Thu Aug 22 15:40:35 2002
from: Mike Hulme <m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Re: Congrats
to: "Alan Thorpe" <a.j.thorpeatXYZxyzding.ac.uk>

Dear Alan,
Many thanks for the message below - I didn't think I did a very good job with your question
and I'm glad it wasn't on live broadcast!
With regard to meeting up, it really would make best sense to plan a meeting once John
Schellnhuber is here full-time and available. He starts with us from 1 October, so we
could look at some October dates. Maybe a meeting in London would be easiest for all. If
there is some urgency then I could probably meet up before then, but to get full value for
future work together then I think John - as our Research Director - should be involved. I
have mentioned it to him already, so he is alert to the opportunity. I am copying him in
to this reply.
Regards,
Mike
At 16:55 24/07/02 +0100, you wrote:

Mike,
Just to say - many congratulations regarding yesterday's outcome. I was
very pleased. Sorry to have given you a hard time on attribution of
human-induced climate change - I was assigned to be the "science
questioner".
I would like to have a bilateral discussion with you on Tyndall-NCAS
linkage as soon as we can fit it in. I would want Julia Slingo to be in on
that as she is the new Director of our Centre for Global Atmospheric
Modelling.
Alan
----------------------------------------------
Professor Alan J. Thorpe
Director, NERC Centres for Atmospheric Science
Dept of Meteorology, University of Reading,
Earley Gate, PO Box 243, Reading RG6 6BB
Tel: + 44 (0) 118 931 6979/6452
Fax: + 44 (0) 118 931 6462
Mobile: 0774 771 5842
Email: A.J.ThorpeatXYZxyzding.ac.uk
Web: [1]http://ncas.nerc.ac.uk
---------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment