Thursday, May 24, 2012

4673.txt

date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:57:39 +0200
from: Fortunat Joos <joosatXYZxyzmate.unibe.ch>
subject: Re: Response to Holland - FYI
to: Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
Dear Keith,

Thank you for your time and effort to deal with this request - well
done. All the best, Fortunat

Keith Briffa schrieb:
> Dear Colleagues and fellow IPCC Chapter 6 authors
> For you information, I am copying my response to a letter I received
> from someone who is actively
> engaged on behalf of the Climate Change Sceptic lobby, here and
> abroad. As Tim and I informed you earlier,
> this person has also applied under the UK Freedom of Information Act
> (FOIA), for access to all of our email
> correspondence in relation to our roles as IPCC authors. This FOIA
> request is being considered by the relevant authorities at our
> university, but on advice from them and after discussion with my
> colleagues here, I have decided to send the attached brief personal
> response to the initial letter (also attached for reference). In this
> I take the opportunity to correct one widely
> promulgated erroneous notion that certain data were "censored" in the
> production of Figure 6.10b.
> I note and agree with Susan's opinion that the appropriate source of
> information for research into the
> development of the final chapter text is the web archive of FOD and
> SOD comments and responses. By providing this reply, however, it is
> hoped that it will be considered that I did not dismiss Holland's
> questions out of hand. My responses are intended to offer some
> personal comments while protecting the confidentiality of author
> interactions. I hope that none of you will consider that this letter
> in any way compromises or undermines the IPCC reporting process and it
> clearly indicates that further correspondence will not be entered into
> on the matter. I realise some of you may not agree with entering into
> any discussion at all and all I can say is that this has until now
> been my own opinion and the decision to send this response was not
> taken lightly.
>
> Also , thanks to each of you for your responses to the letter Tim and
> I sent regarding the FOIA request. Please be assured that Tim and I
> are determined to respect your wishes fully.
>
> best wishes
> Keith
>
> --
> Professor Keith Briffa,
> Climatic Research Unit
> University of East Anglia
> Norwich, NR4 7TJ, U.K.
>
> Phone: +44-1603-593909
> Fax: +44-1603-507784

</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment