Saturday, June 2, 2012

4813.txt

cc: "Briffa Keith Prof" <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>, "Tim Osborn" <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk>, "Jones Philip Prof" <p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk>, "Palmer Dave Mr" <david.palmeratXYZxyz.ac.uk>
date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:53:02 +0100 (BST)
from: P.JonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk
subject: Re: Holland - Data Protection Act Request
to: "Mcgarvie Michael Mr (ACAD)" <M.McgarvieatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

> Michael,
What a waste of time. I am away this week.
I will look when I get back next week. I think the
only direct exchange is an email that Keith sent.
Cheers
Phil

> Dear Keith, Tim and Phil,
>
> Mr Holland has submitted a Data Protection Act request for access to any
> personal data relating to him that UEA holds. He is entitled to do so
> and I have met with David Palmer yesterday to discuss the way forward.
> Funnily enough, I had a hunch that he might do this.
>
> We have a set of all the email exchanges over the FOIA requests that
> included Dave and I will review these with Dave to see what under the
> Act Mr Holland is entitled to. I am writing to ask if you could send me
> copies of emails and letters that any of you sent which includes Mr
> Holland's name within the body of the text (i)internally to each other
> which did not include David in the circulation and (ii) externally to
> other people (I am thinking here of the emails to collaborators
> worldwide as well as any contact wiht the Met Office) as well as any
> replies which mention Mr Holland. I will also need copies of any
> exchanges directly between any of you and Mr Holland.
>
> We have 40 days from 28th August to answer this request. I intend to
> call a meeting once I have reviewed all the material wiht David so that
> we can quickly review the information which Mr Holland is entitled to
> under the Act.
>
> Please get in touch if you want to discuss any of this. David is on
> leave from later on this week until 22nd September and I will catch up
> on him about progress after that date.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael
>
>
>
> Michael McGarvie
> Senior Faculty Manager
> Faculty of Science
> Room 0.22C
> University of East Anglia
> Norwich NR4 7TJ
>
> tel: 01603 593229
> fax: 01603 593045
>
> m.mcgarvieatXYZxyz.ac.uk
>
>
>
>
>


No comments:

Post a Comment