Saturday, June 9, 2012

5019.txt

cc: "Helen Davies" <HNDatXYZxyz.nerc.ac.uk>
date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:29:04 +0000
from: "Christel Prudhomme" <chrpatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Re: scenarios and scenario report
to: <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

Hi Tim

don't worry, I knew you had been busy writting proposals, so I expected
some delay in the report anyway!

Good that you've got better results than Rob!
I tried to retrieve your files, but our system has been down this week
end, and at the moment it does not work properly - Maybe you could send
me the CD, just in case the ftp is not usable for a little while?

With Helen, we are working at the evap calculation at the moment - Have
to play around with the different variables that are available from IPCC
(each GCM has it own set of different variables), so it takes a bit
longer than expected. But we should be getting there soon...

Cheers

Christel


>>> Tim Osborn <t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk> 11/12/04 05:23pm >>>
Hi Christel,

you're probably wondering what's happened to the SDSM scenarios and
report!

Well, we've had a few things to sort out (new Thrushel observations, a

couple of other scenarios needed recreating). And I was expecting to
reproduce Rob's results that he gave us for the Kennet - do you
remember
the ones that showed very different results for the 3 GCMs? Well, I
couldn't reproduce them (except for HadCM3) but I haven't managed to
find
any reason why. Perhaps we used different predictors, or perhaps there
is
some error. Since my results show much better (but not perfect)
agreement
between the 3 GCMs, I have more confidence in them. So, I'm happy to
go
ahead and provide you with the scenarios.

The files are big in total: >1 GB unzipped, 150 MB zipped. This is
because
we've generated them right out to 2099 and also for 20 realisations. I

know you may only want to go to 2039 and also just use 1 realisation
with
your own resampling, but I needed the full set and it seemed better to
just
generate things once (avoid errors in doing it a second time).

What's the easiest way to transfer the scenarios to you? I can put
them on
a CD and mail them. But I've also put them on our anonymous ftp site
so
you can download them. The details are:

ftp.cru.uea.ac.uk
login: ftp
cd people/timosborn/ukwir
binary
get scenarios.zip

On the report, I've now generated all graphics and part of the text.
Will
finish it next week.

Cheers

Tim




Dr Timothy J Osborn
Climatic Research Unit
School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia
Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK

e-mail: t.osbornatXYZxyz.ac.uk
phone: +44 1603 592089
fax: +44 1603 507784
web: http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/~timo/
sunclock: http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/~timo/sunclock.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment