Thursday, June 14, 2012

5147.txt

date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:17:15 +0100
from: Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Proposed alternative response to Holland letter
to: M.Mcgarvie@uea.ac.uk,David.Palmer@uea.ac.uk,t.osborn@uea.ac.uk, Phil Jones <p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
Dear Michael, David,Tim, and Phil

attached , as promised , are the original letter from David Holland
to myself, along with two alternative responses. I am waiting
comments from Phil , but both myself and Tim lean towards showing
some degree of apparent cooperation by sending the longer ,detailed
response. Tim is forwarding the combined responses from our
collaborators/co-authors regarding our earlier message asking their
opinion were we to send copies of their correspondence with regard to
Holland's FOIA request. You will see that they are universally
opposed. Please also see the message from Susan Solomon (via Tim),
copying her response to John Mitchell's message related to Holland's
earlier request to him. The FOIA request is , I know, separate from
the issue of the specific list of questions from Holland of me, but
we must also consider whether my decision to send one or other of the
alternative responses will influence our decision of how to respond
to the FOI request. My interpretation of Susan's message (though
originally drafted in response to John Mitchell - a review editor
rather than a lead author of the IPCC) is that she would consider the
shorter response appropriate. If I sent this it would certainly not
be considered sufficient to negate the FOIA request. I would value
your opinion as to the best course of action to take ,i.e. which
letter - or indeed neither - from here on.
regards
Keith



--
Professor Keith Briffa,
Climatic Research Unit
University of East Anglia
Norwich, NR4 7TJ, U.K.

Phone: +44-1603-593909
Fax: +44-1603-507784

http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/people/briffa/
</x-flowed>

Attachment Converted: "c:\documents and settings\tim osborn\my documents\eudora\attach\KRB letter to DavidHolland- Version2 - 12.05.08.doc"

Attachment Converted: "c:\documents and settings\tim osborn\my documents\eudora\attach\KRB letter to DavidHolland- Version1 - 12.05.08.doc"

Attachment Converted: "c:\documents and settings\tim osborn\my documents\eudora\attach\Hollandrequest1.pdf"

No comments:

Post a Comment