Sunday, June 17, 2012

5241.txt

cc: awallardatXYZxyzm.org
date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:30:58 +0100
from: Andrew Wallard <awallardatXYZxyzm.org>
subject: Re: Fwd: Attached Image
to: Phil Jones <p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

Phil,
Many thanks. I'm sure you saw the sidelined passage of mild complaint about the
confidentiality.
May I pass this on to my contact at the Academie ( Christain Borde)? I'm sure he'll pass it
to Courtillot but I imagine you've told him what to do anyway.
I'm sorry to draw you (back?) into this but Borde mentioned it to me last week. He is to be
the chairman of our "General Conference of Weights and Measures" next month and I always
try to be nice to my bosses!
Andrew
At 16:15 29/10/2007 +0000, you wrote:

Andrew,
My French isn't up to much, but if you go here you can get the gridded
temperature data we produce in combination with the Hadley Centre.
[1]http://hadobs.metoffice.com/
then you click on datasets such as HadCRUT3 or CRUTEM3
What I think Courtillot wants is our raw station temperature database. We have
entered into agreements to get this data with many National Met Services
and also scientists around the world (dating back to the 1980s). We can use the data in
the gridded
products (see above) but not make the raw station data available.
You can get much of the raw data from a web site in the US (NCDC Asheville)
if you know what you're doing.
This isn't an issue for almost all climate scientists around the world. They are happy
with the products we put together. We've started getting requests from people
in the last few years asking for the raw station data. We've always not made
the raw data available.
As I said - I am assuming this is what he is talking about.
Cheers
Phil
At 14:26 29/10/2007, you wrote:

X-Original-To: awallardatXYZxyzm.org
Delivered-To: awallardatXYZxyzm.org
From: cannp1atXYZxyzm.org
To: "Andrew Wallard" <awallardatXYZxyzm.org>
Subject: Attached Image
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:30:05 GMT

Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) 1603 592090
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) 1603 507784
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email p.jonesatXYZxyz.ac.uk
NR4 7TJ
UK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment